Toronto Mayor John Tory just announced a new partnership with WeWork to create new networking sites in the city.
The Toronto Startup Passport will provide entrepreneurs in the city with a network of sites to work and hold meetings.
The new Passport includes:
- Access to any workspace once a month in any of WeWork’s 274+ locations
- Ability to book and pay for workspace as needed after the first free booking
- Access to the WeWork Member Network app that connects to over 250,000 members worldwide
- Access to programming within WeWork spaces, including panels and events, and the ability to host their own events to gain exposure in international markets
- Business services and lifestyle benefits available only to WeWork members
WeWork will provide new and upcoming startups, including those associated with MaRS Discovery District, Ryerson University DMZ, University of Toronto Entrepreneurship and York University, access to the program and WeWork’s international network.
– Enterprise Toronto (@enterpriseTO) June 21, 2018
âToronto has a thriving entrepreneurial community and for these companies to compete internationally, we need to provide them with the right infrastructure to be successful,â said Mayor Tory.
âThe Toronto Startup Passport lowers the barrier to entry for businesses to strengthen their presence outside of Toronto by providing them with workspace and access to the WeWork community for programming and networking. “
WeWork opened its second location in Toronto in February 2018.